Friday, January 7, 2011

My Favourite 3D Clip

Well, I know this is suppose to be about a favourite movie.. But instead, i would like to blog about the reason I am inspired to be in the 3D industry.
When I was 10 or so, my brother was playing Final Fantasy 8 and I happen to see the introduction clip of the game. That was the first time that i've seen such a realistic "cartoon" and that was the reason that led me to play Square Enix's games

The production of this game took 2 years to complete(from 1997-1999). During this era, I believe that the 3D industry was not very well established yet. The tools available then was probably very limited(not like what we are able to do now).LOOK AT MATRON'S HAIR Oh My Goodness!(the female sitting alone with her REALLY LONG hair flowing like nobody's business). The special effects used in this game was also amazing. I personally felt that it was an amazing feat to be able to produce such quality work at that time.

Just to include a rough timeline,Toy Story(movie) was released in 1995 and it was Pixar's first animated film... Considering this, I would say that the scenes from Final Fantasy 8 was really well done. If anyone plays the Final Fantasy series, you would know that Square Enix made a huge jump in the graphics production from FF7 to FF8.

Final Fantasy 13 was released in December 2009, production probably took around a year and a half.


Good Job to all the members involved in these productions!!! <3<3

If you have time, do check out the final fantasy series:). You will probably love the cutscenes! :D.

1 comment:

  1. Square Enix's 3D Animation is AWESOME! <3
    They really put in loads of effort!

    I LOVE THEIR HAIR!!! They look real!! Look at the details! It's a killer.

    I wonder how long did they take just to make a short clip!?

    ReplyDelete