Thursday, February 24, 2011

Progress for final assignment RESEARCH

It is really difficult to start off animating anything without any references at all. So here are some of the references and tips that I have and will be following for my animation.

First off, this is a phonemic chart that i've found over at danfergusdesign. At that page, it has a compilation of a few phonemic charts(2D & 3D) which might prove useful as a reference for lip syncing.


this chart itself shows not only the basic phonemes but also how the lips will look like along with the strong pronounciation of certain letters
Interestingly, during my search for more relevant information, I found this animation done by DJ Hoski with the Hogan rig.

This video might not be the best, but it helped me to understand how characterisation works. The arms, facial, body movement all adds to creating a character. Thus I'll be adding in this into my own animations.

I remember Mr.Willy showing us a video of DJ Nicke, with him giving a tutorial on lip syncing. I found his webpage and in his post " How to make lip-syncing easy", he shows us a 4-step technique that can be used to "speed up our lip-syncing animation" xD.

here is the link

Good luck to all with your submissions! :)

1 comment:

  1. Try to nail down the acting first before you attempt the lipsync. Audience read your acting first before lipsync. It is like a fork and a spoon. Both have a function of their own but when you put both together, it changes the dynamics all together.

    ReplyDelete